Thursday, June 27, 2013

museum

We have had the AL Natural History Museum on our "list" for a while. It is, after all, right on campus here in Tuscaloosa. The other day we decided to finally check it out.   On the walk over, Gage fell on the sidewalk. He of course, started crying, but when his sister said "oh no Gage, look at your knee", he pulled up his shorts and saw a big bloody skinned knee. Well, that was it. He took it up a notch. Suddenly he couldn't walk. He needed a bandaid. Hold me hold me hold me (mind you, it was probably 100 degrees out and he weights 40lbs). I was out of bandaids (I usually carry a few in my wallet just in case), but luckily, the museum ticket desk had a few they gave us.  Look at that sad, sweet boy :-(
 
While boo boo boy moped around, Savannah and I checked out the other cool stuff.  Like this woolly mammoth...
 and this crazy huge swimming lizard from the dinosaur period called a mosasaur!
Savannah liked the dinosaur footprint, but Gage liked the crystals that to him, looked like they were from Superman's fortress of solitude. I guess we need to get to Crystal Cave one of these days!!