Monday, May 18, 2015

Magic kingdom

Our last two days were with Mickey! I made reservations for breakfast in the park at Belle's castle an hour before the park opens, so we got to stroll around with only a few other people. 
Belle's castle had two big bright dining rooms and one dark creepy dining room that was supposed to be the forbidden west wing (with the rose in the glass case) of the castle. I chose that room. Met. Big Chicken (aka Gage) was terrified because it had fake thinder and lightening, and when the lightening lit up, it change the paintings on the wall from the prince to the beast. I should have known! He is such a scaredy cat. But, breakfast was delish!


Once breakfast was over, we lined up for the dwarf train ride, which is new. We were on the first ride of yet day, 10 minutes before the park even opened!  Amazingly...Gage actually loved it, even though it was a roller coaster and had some dark tunnels. He said it's his new favorite ride!

Next up....Belle's Enchanted Tales. The audience gets parts to act out a story with Belle. So fun- and truly magical. 
Savannah was Mrs. Potts (the teapot), so her job was to bounce :-)

Crazy drivers on the speedway!

Goofy spent lots of time trying to make Savannah's hair staticky!
Next, we took a break from the park and went back to the hotel to surprise the kids with a tea party with the Mad Hatter and Alice in Wonderland. No grow ups allowed, so Adam and I had to go get a cocktail or two at the pool bar ;-).  When it was time to pick them up, they swept to doors open and all the kids joes up from hiding and yelled surprise!

While they were tea partying it up, Adam and I found a hidden art Poppins garden!