We checked out the animals when suddenly, I almost pooped myself when a man suddenly appeared holding a snake about a foot away from me. I knew there was an "animal encounter", but I wasn't expecting to have a python walking by and I am NOT a fan of snakes. The kids sat nicely while Mr. Snaketamer talked about snakes. When it came time to pet the snake, Savannah was all for it, Gage touched it with a finger, and Mommy just politely declined and moved further toward the wall to get away.
We learned about -- and acted like -- chimps in the chimpanzee exhibit and were VERY disappointed when we went to make a chimpanzee mask craft and they informed us they ran out of material :-(
We also made a dinosaur. They have a bunch of "spare parts" with velcro that you can attach to a dino body. I got my first clue that Gage was tired when we walked away from this and Gage suddenly freaked out that a little girl took our dino's head off. He was trying to wrestle it away from her saying "put that back...put that back". He then proceeded the throw himself on the floor and cry/scream because I told him it was another person's turn to make a dino. At that point we had seen it all, and I carried him out of the museum over my shoulder while he screamed and cried.