Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy 3rd birthday to Gage!

We celebrated Gage's birthday on Sunday along with Elizabeth, who turns 4 in two weeks.  Gage had spiderman cupcakes, and did a great job blowing out his candles (he wished that Stash & Zoe would come back -- our 2 kitties that have run away since moving to AL).  I love how he does "3" on his fingers -- he holds his ring finger down, and worked very hard to master that :-)  We couldn't believe that after desperately wanting spiderman (miderman) cupcakes, he only took one lick of the frosting. He beelined it over to the presents to get into the good stuff!

At 3, Gage is becoming a very big boy. He is talking a lot now  -- it seemed like he didn't say a word for 3 years and suddenly started speaking in sentences. He LOVES superheroes and the ONE thing he wanted for his birthday was Spiderman Legos. He got spiderman legos, but it turns out he is most interested in his Batman batcave trio blocks from Gram Rooney. He also got a few new super hero squad guys that he loves and carries with him everywhere now. Gage is a sweet sweet boy who doles out lots of hugs & kisses. Lately, I love when he tells me "I wub you mama,  I no throw you in the garbage."  Translation - I love you Mommy, and I won't throw you in the garbage".  No idea where he got that one, but to him, it is a way of saying her really really loves me. Funny.