Last month I was at a PTO meeting to plan the Savannah's school's fall festival. They were looking for someone to be in charge of games and no one would volunteer, so I said I would do it. Little did I know that the fall festival draws over 1000 people each year, and it revolves around the games. Oh, and there are 49 games that would need to be inventoried, picked up and then returned, set up & then broken down, supplies bought for, prizes bought, volunteers assigned, volunteers instructed, signs made, hung, and taken down, etc etc etc. So...for the last few weekds I have spent a LOT of time at Savannah's school getting ready. Last Friday was the festival and it was a big success. I am still recovering! The kids all had a blast on bouncy houses and riding crazy trains and trying their luck at all of Mommy's games. The Cake Walk game got the best of Spiderman (aka Gage). We all stood on #s and walked while the music played. When the music stopped we jumped on the nearest #s and a winner was called -- the winner could pick any baked good from the table -- including cakes, cupcakes, etc.. That winner was not Gage, and he was not happy. He.Wanted.A.Cupcake. Badly. He was never able to "recover" so Daddy took him home and Savannah stayed with Mommy. Savannah came home with a bag of prizes and shared with Gage.
Here's a picture of us riding "the happy train" -- some guy owns this and brings it to all the festivals and fairs they have in the area. He basically plays that country song that says "roll tide roll" in it over and over and drives in circles in his allotted area. And at dark it lights up with crazy lights. It was the most popular activity at the festival.