Monday, October 22, 2012

Lunch at Savannah's school

One thing I adore about Savannah's school is that we can go to have lunch with Savannah and her class - any day we want!  When I got to school and walked into the office, guess who was in there? Savannah? In trouble, you ask? No way! She was there because she had done such a good job in reading and writing that day that her teacher said she could go to the office to read some of her work to Mrs. Judy (the school secretary) and get a sticker. She was reading something she had just written "The children ride the school bus." 

This is the first time that I have taken Gage.  He loved bringing his superhero lunchbox like a big boy. Savannah always gets so excited that she can't contain herself in line as her class walks to lunch. In fact, she usually hugs me 100 times during lunch and gets tears in her eyes because she's so excited. Sometimes her teacher tells her that she can go ahead of the class and walk me to the lunchroom. This time, Gage got into line and walked just like the big kids.  I love that the kids all chat with me and kids constantly appear next to me asking if I will please open this or that (yogurt, chips, milk, etc.).  I love having the chance to have lunch there :-)