Friday, April 11, 2014

Circus week

This week was all about the circus at Gage's school. On Th and F they all dressed up as someone/something that's in a circus.  Now usually, gage doesn't want to participate in these silly dress up events (like silly hair day, silly sock day, silly hat day). But, he was all jazzed up about circus day, so I had to get creative. 

The first day, he wanted to be an elephant. So, we headed to the craft store for some gray felt, I borrowed Adams hat, and I did a little sewing. Voila...and elephant. He was very excited!!

That afternoon he decided he really wanted to be a tiger the next day. Okay...back to the craft store we went (I am such a good mommy). One piece of black felt, an orange t-shirt, and a few squirts of fabric glue later we had a tiger!! Okay...I used the tiger tail we bought back when we lived in Clemson. On the way out the door he decided he needed tiger stripes on his face. So...we grabbed a washable marker and I let him stand in front of the mirror and draw his own stripes. Voila...a tiger!

Not bad for about 10 minutes worth of cutting, sewing, gluing, and a grand total of $4.92 at the craft store.