Thursday, April 17, 2014

president's mansion

 
Last weekend the sororities put on an an Easter egg hunt at the president's mansion on campus.  First of all, it was a gorgeous day, second...it's a gorgeous building and property, and third...all the azaleas are blooming so it was extra gorgeous!  This is one of the few buildings on campus that was not burned down during the civil war.  Across the street is Denny Chimes, the bell  tower that rings throughout the day.
 Since the Greeks are new to all of these American traditions, we invited them along. They immediately said yes...but then emailed me later to ask "what exactly IS an easter egg hunt".
  These sweet sorority girls spent hours putting eggs out. At one point these girls had a big box of eggs to replenish the lawn, and the kids just dug in and were takign eggs right from the box.  They started looking a little frazzled about it but didn't seem to know what to do. So, I stepped in and said they needed a mom to intervene here.  I loudly announced to all the kids that they needed to GET AWAY FROM THE BOX...I SAID GET AWAY FROM THE BOX because this was an EGG HUNT.  I'm sure the other mommies loved that ;-)
 
 
 
 Can you tell they were a little tuckered out from their egg -huntingfrenzy?!?