I have not bothered to sign Savannah's school folder in two weeks (I've figured out by now she's always above green for her behavior chart). Savannah has not brought a lunch from home more than 2 or 3 times in as many weeks (usually she brings lunch every day). Her backpack is falling apart. I taped it together with clear packing tape. Things were literally falling out the bottom. A zipper is broken. It will have to last for the next 3 weeks. We haven't read a library book in a week..and we often read 2 per day (3 times each). The few we did read...we only read 1x and I made her promise not to tell her teacher. Three times is the rule. We are ready for summer. I have lost my motivation for all this school stuff!!
But...tonight I dragged my butt to art night and a spaghetti supper at Savannah's school. We had mystery meat spaghetti and then wandered the halls in search of Savannah's art.
Gage ate a slice of garlic bread and a cookie out of his $6 spaghetti plate -he want a fan of the meat sauce on it (who can blame him, really?). Some of his preschool friends were there so they went crazy over seeing each other outside of school. All he wanted to do was race through the halls to find his friends. His highlight of the night was using the kindergarten bathrooms and learning they had urinals "you know mama...those stand up and pee potties". Kijdergarten is going to be awesome, apparently! It's the little things in life, I guess :-)
Savannah was very excited to show off her artwork, though!
This is some kind of healthy food artwork her class made:
This is a picture that was chosen as a finalist for her school as part of google logo contest. It was sent to google but it was not the big million dollar winner. It's all things that make your life easier - a bathtub that washes kids itself, and...I can't remember what else.




