Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rodeo

We were all excited for the rodeo tonight! Not that they look especially excited in this picture ;-)


We got there early enough to get good seats. Thank goodness...it go really crowded. Savannah was happily singing along with all the country songs.
Again...not looking terribly excited?!? He actually had a blast and was screaming his head off like a banshee, clapping, and falling apart laughing at the rodeo clown.
And then...the announcer said something like..yes kids it's time...all kids...blah blah blah...catch...blah blah blah...come on in!!  Well...every kid in the place jumped up and ducked under the fence to get into the ring. So, I told the kids they could go but I had no idea what they were doing in there -I thought they were going to catch something the cheerleaders were throwing (they kept throwing tshirts and stuff). 

Well, I was wrong...they were trying to catch a calf!! When I figured that out, I ran over to the at the fence and told them.they decided they were going to stay inside the ring so my parting words were "okay...stay together...and come back here is you get scared". Yes,mother of the year right here!!!

Well,,,savannah said she touched the calf but I don't know if I buy it. Gage was the only one I could keep track of because his boots light up when he runs.
Here's the herd if kids...chasing the calf!
And here's gage returning from a hard day of roping dogies :-)
Our little cowboy and cowgirl started getting sleepy, so we packed in a little early. They are asleep in the hideaway now..again..they think it's fun to sleep in there now. It much be 5 nights thus past week they slept in there...and only 2 if those were tornado nights! Crazy kids :-)