Sunday, June 28, 2015

The house

I had a big post written up about what we have done with the house. But, it disappeared!!  Let's try it again. Adam and Jess scrubbed the whole house, which was filthy. They also re-painted the shutters (there are still a few left to do - like the one at the top of the house!).
I tore out all if the deer ravaged landscaping and started from scratch with new landscape fabric, deer-resistant plants, and mulch. Still looking for a weeping cherry tree to put in front of the stonework on the left side.
We love this gorgeous chestnut tree.
We have also done lots of work cleaning up dead trees/branches/etc in the yard, replacing a broken garbage disposal, etc.

The pool is finally coming together. Tomorrow we get rid of all the rock around the pool, and leveling it off. The pool fence comes in later this week, so that will be up soon.
The yard is full of deer, turkeys, and all kinds of critters. So peaceful.

More pics to come soon - if I ever take a break for working ;-)