A few weeks ago, Savannah's school had a green eggs & ham breakfast to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, but I forgot to post pictures...and I realized that all of the pictures I took of Savannah were on video mode (duh!), so all I have is Gage!
They served green eggs, ham (that looked disgusting), grits and biscuits with gravy (that thick white southern gravy). Gage LOVED the gravy (he called it "dip) and happily dipped half of his biscuit in the gravy, while slathering jam on the other half. Savannah actually ate the green eggs and the disgusting looking ham, although she won't eat eggs at home (maybe I should color my eggs green at home?), and I ate all of the grits because well, I love grits and they were slathered in butter.
We left school just ask the principal was doing morning announcements, and reading a Dr. Seuss book over the PA. As I listened to her Alabama accent, I was reminded again of how Savannah is surrounded by that accent all day at school, which is giving her a bit of a southern twang. Five = Faaahhhhhhhve, there = thayyyyyer. I try to correct her and she says that she HEARS the "alabama talk" but it goes in her brain and gets stuck there,and when she goes to speak, alabama talk comes out sometimes, even though she doesn't mean it. Silly girl. Even Gage will imitate Alabama talk for you if you ask him to.