Wednesday, April 10, 2013

a boy and a vegetable

Gage does not like vegetables. I keep giving them to him, and every now and then he tastes one. He makes a disgusted face and says ick-yuck-bleck, or something to that effect. Well, the other day, the kids and I went to the movies to see the Crudes (which was GREAT, by the way!). Against my better judgment I agreed to go to the 4:55 showing, knowing that they had played outside like maniacs that day and would be exhausted.  As we drove home at 6:45 they were falling asleep, so we grabbed Chinese food so I could feed them quickly before they zonked out.  Well, Gage ATE BROCOLLI, and liked it. He actually said "hey...this is yummy...I never knew I liked brocolli".  Now, I suspect that the fact that it was smothered in delicious sauce made it taste better than it would have just plain steamed (as his sister likes it). But...hello...he ate a vegetable!