Savannah's latest field trip was the circus. Parents could attend this one. She rode the bus with all the dis, but I had to meet her there. Oh my word. Mayhem. It was at 10:30 on a Friday, so it was all school trips. So many kids. It worries me that one teacher is in charge of keeping track of 19 kids in such a busy place. Wish that she could just ride with me!!!
There were 7 motorcycles driving around this cage at once. The kids were wowed!
We loved the acrobatics, balancing, and trapeze. Well, we both did. The Chinese national acrobatics team was amazing.
Then it came to the animal acts. She loved it but I was a party pooper and kept explaining and pointing out how badly they treat the animals. I know...I was a killjoy, but it really bothers me. And....the lion tamer was making all of us very nervous - the cats were growling, lunging, and swatting at him. He, if course, whipped them. Mommy the killjoy made sure to point that out.
I hope this is her last circus. I hate supporting it. I think I got her to agree that we only go to circuses with human acts (no animals) from now on. Hey, at least she got to see the circus once for her field trip. I won't take them again!!'