Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gage at preschool

After telling Mommy that he just wanted to stay home with Mommy and did not want to go back to school this year....the day of school he was EXCITED!  He decided that he had to have a Spiderman backpack this year, so we took his sleeping back out of one (it is its carrying case) and decided to use that. We dropped Savannah off at school and he was SUPER excited to go to preschool, but I said that we were stopping home first to do some chores and get his backpack. wrong.thing.to.say.

Gage: You forgot my backpack? WAAAAAAAA...I WANMYBACKPACK...BACKPACKWAAA!
Mommy: Dude, it's okay, we'll be home in 5 minutes and we'll get it.
Gage: I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWW WAAAAAA

And then, we got home, he snagged his backpack and he got back in the car because he wanted to go to school N-O-W.  So, as any good mommy would, I closed the garage door and left him in the car with the door open to pout while I did some laundry and got ready for the gym. 

We got to school and were very excited to meet his new teachers, but it turns out we know them from last year! So, we hung out in his classroom for a while and then I opened his backpack to give his teachers the bag of extra clothes to leave at school (just in case) and hmmm...they were not in there, but, guess what was....a giant Captain America toy and a handful of random Super Hero Squad guys. He confirmed that he took the clothes out, he said "they at home, Mommy".  He had a great day, and Mommy is just a LITTLE happy (okay, I am ecstatic....bwahahahaha) to have BOTH kids at school for 3 hours, 3 days a week! :-)