On Saturday, the kids and I were outside raking leaves and playing. Suddenly Gage disappeared, so I checked in the window and saw him playing in the living room. I went back out to finish up. Later that night, I went to turn the light off in the hideaway (the light was on but the door was closed?), and I saw this....
Hmmm...it looked like I had stumbled upon a crime scene. Wrapping paper shredded, and some new toys (gifts, maybe?) strewn around the hideaway. I turned the corner to find this...
...more wrapping paper and gifts
Apparently, when Gage came in, he grabbed some loot (big sister had told him that his gifts all had Rudolph paper while hers had Tinkerbell) from under the Xmas tree and made a break for the hideaway to open them. He fessed up, and told me that he tiptoed past the elf to get to the hideaway. I made him put all of the gifts (he is very excited about his new hulk mask because the other one broke) behind the tree, and promise that he would not touch them until Xmas day. We had a big talk, and he had to apologize to the elf that night, and ask him to please tell Santa not put him on the naughty list.
----
Apparently, having gifts under the tree was just too much for him to take. All the gifts were from Uncle Eric (in PA -- yes we have 3 uncle Erics, so we have to be precise). I called to tell him and he got a good chuckle out of it.
---
I should have known!