I braved the outlets with both kids this past weekend - alone. While shopping at Children's Place, we found these cool mittens that have shark teeth on them. As I stood in line to pay, Gage and Savannah were hiding underneath a rack of coats, alternating between giggling and having fun and fighting with each other over who knows what. The cashier said "is it just you and kids here today?, Brave, aren't you?" Crazy is more like it.
Luckily we got there as they opened so it was empty. I bribed them by letting them stop at the playset every few stores to get the wiggles out every now and then. On the way out we were excited to find Santa! Later that night, Savannah asked me some serious questions. Why does Santa look a little different every time we see him? His beard looks different. And why does his voice sound different. Sometimes he sounds like this [low gravely voice] and sometimes he sounds like this [different voice]. I told her that beards grow every day just like Daddy's whiskers, so it depends on whether he shaved lately or not. We agreed that he probably lets his beard grow longer near Xmas to keep his face warm. I asked her if she thought maybe Santa had helpers who dressed like him to help him let all the kids visit with him. She was adamant that Santa would definitely NOT do that.
As you can see, it's been cold here the past few days -- in the morning, that is. It was 26 this morning, with a high of 63 forecast. So, we have been bundled up. Savannah does NOT like being bundled up. As soon as she sees the coat I pulled out for her today she starts with "oh no...not that coat again." She complains that her coat is too poofy, it doesn't fit into her backpack, etc etc. etc. She says we need to move somewhere that it is hot all year round. Gage loves the cold weather, loves bundling up, and loves that it's not hot anymore. The one fun thing Savannah does like is seeing her breath in the morning. Gage gets all excited and says "Look Mom, I made FIRE!"