One of Savannah's birthday presents was a dino dig kit. They keep asking to do it on crappy, rainy days, and I keep putting them off, because I do not really want them chiseling dino bones on the dining room table. But...today was a beautiful 60 degree day...perfect for a dino dig. We got our tools all set up in the driveway, and donned our safety goggles. The goggles. That was quite an endeavor. Savannah is sporting the goggles that came with the kit. Gage wanted to wear them. I tried to tempt him into wearing a pair of yellow safety glasses Adam has by telling him that he would look like Cyclops (a super hero who wears yellow glasses). That did not work. So, I finally remembered that he had a pair in his big of toy tools. Phew...disaster averted.
They were looking sharp, don't you think...
Speaking of sharp, Daddy came by and decided they needed more serious tools for the job. THIS is what he gave to Gage...Oh yes...that is a VERY SHARP metal pick. Against my better judgment, I told Gage to be careful and not bang the brick when anyone else had their hands near it. Low and behold...he ended up stabbing both me and Savannah so we were both bleeding. I finally told him it was time to put it away. WHAT was Daddy thinking?!?!
So...they banged and picked and shook the dino brick, and little by little, bones appeared...
Adam came back from a run and checked it out. You all know that he is uber efficient, completely focused on getting tasks done in the least amount of time and in the most efficient manner possible. So, he got yet more tools -- metal chisels and a real hammer. And he started going at it. Savannah whined NO DADDY...DON"T DO ANYMORE...I WANT TO DO IT. Daddy was taking over her project!!! But, they ended up finding a way to work together so Daddy could make it a little more efficient and she could feel like she was doing the bulk of the work. Piece by piece, she got all of the bones out, and then we got to put them together!!!
This turned out to be a fun little project :-)