Friday, February 8, 2013

homework

Savannah has homework nearly every day. She has far more homework than I ever suspected she would have in Kindergarten, but....we try to make it fun and she's pretty smart, so she blows through it relatively quickly.
Lately, Gage wants in on the action! He wants to do homework. So, I made up his own little worksheets to do for homework that have shadowed gray large letters and his name for him to trace.  He does not have a very good pencil grip (neither does his father) and he's very stubborn (so is his father), and he refuses to let me adjust his pencil grip. So, his letters are a little shakey looking, but at least this is a first step....I am very excited that he is showing an interest in writing his letters!  He has been very interested in doing the alphabet puzzle lately, but this is the first interest he has shown in writing letters. At Gage's age, Savannah had been writing letters and her name for a while, but they all grow at different paces, I have learned. Here is Gage showing off his name homework :-)