Friday, February 8, 2013

musical extravaganza

For the first, time, Savannah's school held a "Musical Extravaganza" this year to show off what they have been doing in music class! The kids have been practicing their songs, and they held the musical at the local small theater venue - Bama Theater.  She sang 3 songs (my bonnie lies over the ocean, you are my sunshine, hello/goodbye" and then topped it off with a finale "would you be my Valentine." When I asked her what her favorite song was to sing...her response (of course!) was the Valentine song (Savannah is a stern believer that she has a very special birthday, so she loves all things Valentine's Day!). This is her and a few of her classmates that I have gotten to know a little by having lunch with her at school. Aiden (the boy with glasses to her top right, apparently does NOT listen to her teacher and often gets put on red), Casey (two over from her on the left, is who she calls "big Gage" because Adam hand lunch with them and thought he reminded him of an older Gage). This was a mix of half the kindergarten classes.

The dark theater and apparently lulling music knocked Gage out, so he was a sleep on Daddy's lap at 7:10.  It was quite an event to pick Savannah up from the stage door!  I stood in line for a long time while Gage slept soundly in the car and Adam texted me asking how many feet I had moved in the line.  Luckily, I happened to be standing near some people that I know and like (one mom I am in a bookclub with) so waiting wasn't that bad.

When we got home, I put Gage to bed right away and Savannah and I snugged in her bed (with Lola of course) and her busy little brain was working overtime. I cannot even remember the minutia that she was preoccupied with last night - she was asking me question and after question and telling me about things she learned at school. I am always amused at how her brain does not settle down at night.  Thankfully, when her brain finally lets her go to sleep, she sleeps all night. Her Mommy falls asleep quickly and then often wakes up for several hours a night to "work". Let's hope she doesn't follow Mommy's footsteps in that way!