Thursday, May 2, 2013

captain america

Adam's local comic book store is closing!  I won't even tell anyone how much stuff he bought at their 75% off sale. He promises he's going to see a lot of it on eBay.  Please, cross your fingers along with me!  He asked me to stop by there while he was shopping...and I think the reason is that he could not fit all his loot in his car!!!!  He had to fill mine up too! Oh, boy. The kids each picked a few things out (flintstones figures, transformers, etc.) and I asked if Adam could get the giant Captain America for Gage. For $7 we are the proud owners of Cap -- they were so excited when Adam brought him into the house!
Last night after bath time, we were all exhausted from a big day.  I really wanted to lay on the couch and read, but Gage asked me to "pees have a sword fight" - he was holding a violin bow and he handed me a pink recorder. "pretty pees". Okay, let's have a sword fight. So, we "fought" and I showed him how to defend himself by blocking my sword, but also how to "sneak in" and stab me in the belly (and I would collapse on the bed and pretend to be dead). It was one of those moments as a mom, that I was glad I gave in to play even though I really didn't "want" to.  We had fun!
 
After he stabbed me enough times, he turned on Captain America and pretended to battle it out with him.
He woke up in the morning and said "Mom, I wasn't even scared of Cap when I woke up this morning-- I KNEW it was him!!!"  He has scared the crap out of Savannah when she's walked in there, however.  It really does look like there's a guy standing in the room!